2013/08/27

Veggie quinoa - shrimps - guacamole

Hey smoothies,

I recently made this dinner and it was so good I had to share it with you
Everything is fresh and homemade and as far is I know all products are organic. I grow the herbs myself in my garden so I have always fresh ones. Quinoa I bought at the bioshop but it's also available at grocery stores. For this recipe I used regular quinoa but I have als a mixture with red quinoa and other grains. It's really tasty. Even my mom liked it before she knew it where grains instead of a regular carb dish.

For the ones that do not know quinoa: Quinoa is a grain that can is an alternative for carbs (pasta, bread, potato, ...). It's high in protein and it's been quiet popular for the last few years. I've been using it before it has become a trend and I'm a big fan of it. It's a great switch for the regular carbs and you can use it in sweet dishes as well. I have roasted quinoa with honey (bought at the bioshop) for breakfast and it's yummie!


Veggie quinoa - shrimps - guacamole












quinoa
Ingredients
parsley
mint
spring onions
chive
garlic
sweet red pepper
quinoa
Chop the herbs into tiny pieces, Put some olive oil in a pan and add a garlic clove  and the spring onions. Make sure they get glazed and not baked so don't put your stove too high.
Then add the quinoa and add 3 volumes of water. Let it cook for about 15 min ( taste if it's good for you, I like it when it's still a bit 'al dente'). The water should be absorbed by the quinoa and there shouldn't be anymore water in the pan.
Chop the sweet pepper into tiny pieces and add it to the quinoa mixture. Let it stove for a couple of minutes until the peppers are ready but make sure the quinoa doesn't burn so put it on a medium heath and put on a lid so the quinoa keeps moistened. When the peppers are ready, take the pan from the stove and add the other herbs and mix well.



guacamole
Ingredients: 
1 avocado
1 tomato
2 tbsp olive oil 
2 tbsp lemon juice
dried chili pepper mix
fresh cilantro

 Mash the avocado in a small mixing bowl with 1 squeezed clove of garlic, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and  2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add some salt and a bit of chili pepper flakes to taste. Cut the tomato in dices and cut the cilantro. Add it to the guacamole mixture.


For the shrimps you can choose how you want to cook them. I poached them in a bit of vegetable broth but you can grill or fry them as well.


Bon appétit!

Céline, x.

2 comments:

  1. hey!
    Super je blog! Lekkere gerechten!
    Guacamole is echt mijn favoriet! ik maak het wel wat anders..maar waarschijnlijk even lekker.
    Ik eet het altijd als dipsausje met taco's.
    Is dit de bedoeling om als gewoon hoofdgerecht te eten?

    http://sietetuttibelli.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja ik eet dit alst hoofdgerecht. Ik dip de scampi's in de guacamole, ik vind dat een uitstekende combinatie! Met taco's is guacamole inderdaad ook heel erg lekker maar ik vind guacamole zo lekker dat ik het eigenlijk bij alles zou kunnen eten :-)

      Delete