2013/04/26

Vitamin Envy

beetroot energizer
Since I got my juicer for my birthday I’m totally into juicing. Almost every morning I throw some fruit and veggies in it and scoop in a bit of ginger or flaxseed for a healthy extra.

the benefits of juicing

1. you can throw fruit and veggies in it with their (soft) peel so you take in all the vitamins, antioxidants and all the nutritional value (most vitamins reside right under the peel)


2. since you only drink the juice and not the fiber, your body is able to absorb the nutrients immediately without digesting the fibers first. Don’t get me wrong! Fibers are good for you but this way you  have immediately effect of nutrients and that’s what we want.


3. add some juice to sparkling water and a hint of stevia and that way you have a delicious healthy homemade lemonade!

Since I’ve been juicing I actually do feel a lot more energized. My boyfriend says it’s a placebo effect, which could be true but on the other hand I tried out vitamin supplements, herbal tea, etc.  too to feel more energized but that didn’t work. So I don’t think it’s a placebo effect but true natural energy from mother nature :-) !

What is your favorite juice combo?
CĂ©line .x

No comments:

Post a Comment